Picture
By Rebekah Warren

Square Dancing is coming to Trevecca this Saturday. The Urban Farm is hosting Barnaroo, an event for the local community to come together and spend time at the farm.

“It’s a celebration of urban farm life, to experience the farm and have a lot of fun,” said Jason Adkins, environmental projects coordinator.

The event will feature square dancing lessons with a professional caller who announces and leads the dances.

Picture
For some students, the event will be an opportunity to step out of their comfort zones. Tabitha Sookdeo, a Junior, is excited to try out something new.

“ I have never line danced before primarily because I’m from South America,” said Sookdeo. “I’m excited for the caller and the band.”

In addition to dancing, the event will feature a petting zoo. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with the farm’s goats and baby chicks.

There will be fire pits and smores, and a variety of food and drinks.

“We did this last year and a ton of people came,” said Amber Donat, a student worker at the farm. “This year, we’re hoping to make it even more exciting so it will be a memorable experience for everyone who comes.”

Barnaroo will take place from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. and will be held at the barn on campus. General admission is $10.  Students pay $5 and kids under 12 are free.

Comments

09/15/2016 8:21pm

I looked here, why not look for the discussion of other themes? Such as sports, health, education or other.

02/13/2017 12:44am

This looks fun to be here. Having some events like this in a farm should be great. This will make the people appreciate the hard work that all the farmers put just to make some vegetables, fruits and rice, so that we can have some foods to eat. Having to interact some animals in the farm is a very good idea too, this make sure that the animals in the a certain farm are having some healthy animals. This event will make all the farmers in the world appreciate these. Thanks for sharing these with us.

06/22/2017 4:36pm

This is an amazing opportunity for the students to be able to explore things they haven't explored before. I admire how you set this trip in order for your students to go out of their comfort zone. It is a hard thing to do because you have to convince these people that it is okay to try new things, but most of them are just not ready to do so. Going out of my comfort zone is the greatest decision I have ever done in my life. I used to be very shy and I always missed a lot of opportunities. I am happy to know that schools are giving emphasis to encouraging and empowering students until they are ready to go out of their comfort zone.

06/05/2017 7:49pm

What a lovely farm you have there. A lot of people are enjoying the sight of your farm. Farm animals are really fascinating. They look so gentle, special the goats and the cows. I never been at a farm before, that's why I'm really amazed to see one even on a picture. Thank you so much for sharing this to your blog!

09/19/2016 9:30am

Upon reading your blog, it seems like everyone had a good time. I believe that everyone should experience a farm life at least once in their life. It is true that this event is an opportunity for some people to step out of their comfort zones. In addition, the photographs that you took was able to clearly showcase the event. It is also helpful that you provided the details of the event towards the end of your article.

12/19/2016 12:27am

A great activity for kids. Having engaged in farm is one of the best recreational activities for kids. They will have a break on their smartphones and tablets. It is healthier for them to step out in their comfort zones and experience what life in a barn is all about. It is a once in a lifetime moment, thus, it should not be missed.

03/01/2017 8:14am

This is a good an interesting experience for a modern people to visit a farm and have a real work. Not like in the office.

06/22/2017 4:33pm

affordable papers

03/04/2017 3:33pm

hello sir, after I read the article you get to the bottom, It is very interesting to see, its content can provide benefits, and also the lessons, I really love it. so that I can remember with this master page